A Healthy Diet chart is something every Indian family must have, Indian families lack in this matter if compared with families outside India.
Today, the risk of getting diseases has increased and on top of it having an unhealthy diet may be a life changing mistake.
Here are some easy tips which every Indian Family can follow to make a healthy diet chart:
- Follow a colorful diet: Make sure that you have 5-6 servings of brightly coloured fruit and vegetables. They are rich in phytochemicals , a potent disease-fighting and immune-boosting nutrient. Vegetables and fruits are the best sources of antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E and selenium.
- Include Flavourful immunity-boosting spices– like ginger, garlic, turmeric, basil, rosemary, and coriander. They not only add flavour, but also add valuable nutrients which can even help in fighting cancer. Use them in soups, casseroles, salads etc.
- Focus on plant foods: Plants have less calories, more fiber, and more cancer-fighting nutrients. These elements work together in best ways to support your immune system.
Simply adding veggies and spices won’t work you need to work on other stuffs too, like:
- Fulfill your protein intake– An average human being requires 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, or 0.36 grams per pound. So pump up your protein intake by having paneer, soyachunks, lean meat, eggs, pulses, beans and legumes, and milk products.
- Have your carbohydrates– Carbs are one of the best source of energy, many of you might think having carbs can make you fat, but it’s a myth, having extra or having too much calories than your body needs can make you fat. So stop worrying, There are tons of options for getting your carbs intake like rice, whole grains, cereals, oats, barley etc.
- Increase fiber in diet: Eating plenty of fiber can reduce the risk of diabetes, cancers, heart disease. Fibers and one of the most important component that our body requires. There are tons of high fibers foods out there like grains, pulses, oats, fruits and vegetables.
- Cut down on red meat– Try to avoide or have less of processed meat, canned and preserved food which is loaded with sodium and preservatives. They are low on fibre and high on calories and have a lot of saturated and trans fats.
And on addition to getting all those macros you should never forget to have a healthy cooking practice.
Follow healthy cooking practices: Wash all fruits and vegetables.Do not cook oils on high heat, Be careful what you put in the microwave; When cooking vegetables, steam until they get tender using a small amount of water.
Quit smoking and reduce the intake of alcohol: Consuming alcohol increases the risk of all kinds of cancers like mouth cancer, pharynx, larynx, breast and liver.
And for those who smoke the risk is even more. Simply try to quit it.
I hope these points’ help. Try to implement all the points slowly into your life and live a healthy and happy life.